Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Los Angeles County Voting Guide March 3rd

Today, March 3rd, there are city, school and local measures and candidates that are up for deciding! Everyone I've talked to has no idea who 90% of the people on the ballot are. Turnout in these kind of elections is abysmal, so I thought I'd do a good deed and put out an LA County Voting Guide for today's elections! Full disclosure: I live in Alameda county. I hope some of you will vote my way by proxy =).

A -Yes
B - Yes
C - Yes
D- Yes
E - NO

Mayor - "Zuma dogg"
Attorney - Noel Weiss
Controller - Wendy Greuel
Trustee 2 - Reddock
Trustee 4 - Candaele
Trustee 6 - Pearlman
Trustee 7 - Santiago

Thanks to the Courage Campaign's excellent voter guide for information on the ballot measures.

All of the candidates (even "Zuma Dogg") were closely evaluated by me, myself and I with help from the candidate directory @ Smart Voter and the candidates' web sites.

And remember: GO OUT AND VOTE!!!!

3 comments:

Zuma Dogg said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! ZD

Isaac Hale said...

Awesome! Thanks for commenting! I looked at all the campaign websites and you were easily the best choice. Villaraigosa was just playing dirty. I can now say my blog has star power! How'd you run into it by the way?

purplebackpack89 said...

I must disagree with you on 1A. A spending cap is going exactly in the wrong direction, and will further tie the legislature's hands. Here are the two "reforms" we desperately need:


*Repeal the balanced budget amendment

*Repeal the silly 2/3 majority requirement